Quick Healthy Summer Salad
Recipes that involve creating your own vinaigrette or sauce always intimidate me, so I found one in the refrigerated section of the grocery called Simply Dressed by Marzetti and this lemon creation is excellent! You may want to modify this recipe with veggies available in your area, and the more the better!
Additions: I was considering avocado, but was not planning on serving right away, so that was nixed. Cucumber makes a refreshing addition, so do green and red peppers.
Note: This recipe was doubled in the photos.
Here’s what you will need to make your easy gluten free pasta salad.
1 Box Ronzoni Gluten Free Pasta
(You can try one of the Quinoa pastas too)
½ container of Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
1 baby zucchini squash (tiny squash is so tender and fresh)
1 baby yellow squash
Fresh Spinach to taste
½ package of Feta Cheese
3 Tbsp Vidalia onion finely chopped (add more to taste)
Simply Dressed Marzetti lemon dressing
Let’s get started
- Add 1 tsp of sea salt into a pot of water, then drop your pasta into boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Be sure to stir right away so you don’t have sticky pasta
- Prepare your vegetables
- Rinse pasta with cool water and toss with olive oil
- Add in vegetables
- Don’t forget your sweet onions (or scallions)
- Add the Feta Cheese – then begin to stir in your dressing.
- Add some fresh black cracked pepper and stir in more dressing to taste. Ready to go in :25 minutes!