These are super easy crackers with protein from coconut flour. My family loves the taste and texture. Its so easy, why not double the recipe? You will find it a satisfying and filling snack and will have cravings for just a few, vs. a whole bowl full! Why coconut flour? It’s grain free and gluten free, with protein and fiber. *If you are dairy free or lactose intolerant, the cheese may not work for you. Otherwise, it’s a nice treat.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut flour (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Real Butter
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Powder (or to taste)
- 1 Tsp Fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
Using a high power blender or food processor, blend all ingredients together until they are well combined.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pull off top piece of wax paper and flip batter over.
Bake crackers for 10 minutes.
- Remove crackers from oven and cut in small squares with a pizza cutter.
- You can use a toothpick to punch each one on the middle to look like professional crackers.
- Return to oven and continue to bake until they are lightly brown and crisp, about 5-10 minutes. (All ovens cook differently, so watch closely, as you don’t want to overcook.)
Makes about 30 crackers.